Welcome to Fort Lupton High School
Home of the Fort Lupton Bluedevils
Fort Lupton High School's Weekly Celebrations
FLHS Prom: Saturday April 15th FLHS had their 2017 Prom at Bella Sera in Brighton. It was great fun for all. Here are a few photos from Prom.
If you would like to see more Prom photos we have around 100 of them posted on the Fort Lupton HS FBLA Facebook page. We also had over 150 of our students at After Prom last Saturday which was awesome.
Meet the Scholars Night: Wednesday, April, 19 was Meet the Scholars Night at FLHS where students share information about themselves as part of the local scholarship selection process.
Day Without Hate: FLHS will be hosting its first annual "Day without Hate" event on Friday, April 28th. The purpose of this day is to promote peace and positivity in our school in order to make everyone's lives a little bit easier. Students will be wearing white, making pledges to act against hate, participating in passing period challenges, and many other classroom activities throughout the day. For more info see: http://daywithouthate.org/index.html
Sports News: Currently the FLHS boys baseball team is ranked 30th and would be in the playoffs if they started today. They are 4-1 in the conference and in 2nd place and overall are 8-6. They have 2 big games coming up this Friday vs Conifer on the road and next Wednesday vs Fort Morgan at home. These two games will help decide the league championship for the Colorado 7 so please plan to come out and support your Bluedevils next Wednesday at 4 PM.
Also, our Girls’ Tennis Team is undefeated in League play and in 1st place in the Colorado 7 League.
Migrant Education Celebration: Veanadoshnea S. Ortega-Ault has been accepted in the 2017 Migrant-STEM Academy at Adams State University. She attended her first weekend intensive session on April 7-9, will attend second session May 5-7 and a full week June 11-16, 2017.
2016 - 2017 Athletics Registration
FLHS Bluedevil Weekly Calendar 2016-2017
Monday, April 24, 2017
- LATE START
- CANCELLED Baseball @ Prospect Ridge - JV-4:00 (E.R: 1:40 Bus: 2:00)
- Track - Greeley Central Invite @ Dist. 6 Stadium - Rescheduled from 4-21-17 (ER: 12:45 Bus: 1:00)
- JV and 4D Varsity Tennis Fort Morgan @ HOME - Rescheduled from 4-21-17 (ER: 3:15 Game: 3:30)
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- MTSS Meeting 7:15 AM
- Girls’ Soccer @ Skyview - V - 6:30 / JV - 4:30 (E.R: 2:10 Bus: 2:30)
- Tennis - Conifer @ HOME - V- 4:00 PM (E.R: 3:15)
- Track - Brighton Martinez @ Brighton - V - 1:00 (E.R: 12:00 Bus: 12:15)
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- BMT Meeting 7:15 AM - 8 AM
- Baseball - Fort Morgan @ HOME - V- 4:00 PM/ JV - 4:00 PM (Pearson Park)(ER: 2:40 Bus: 3:00)
- Bright Futures Presentation - 10 AM - 1 PM
Thursday, April 27, 2017
- POST GRADES TO ELIGIBILITY
- Baseball @ Skyview - JV - 4:00 (E.R: 12:40 Bus: 1:00)
- Tennis @ League Tourney - V - 9:00 (Utah Park Aurora) (Bus: 6:30AM)
- Girls’ Soccer @ Alameda - V - 5:00 (Lakewood Memorial)/ JV - 4:00 (AHS) (ER: 2:15 Bus: 2:30)
Friday, April 28, 2017
- FCA Concert 4:30PM - 9:30PM
Saturday, April 29, 2017
- 9 Health Fair - 6AM - 2PM / 3:30PM - 7:30
- Track - Welco Championship @ Frederick - V -8:00 (Bus: 6:40AM)
- JV Tennis Tournament @ Silver Creek - (Bus: 6:45AM)
Sunday April 30, 2017
- Field Trip - Folklorico @ Denver Art Museum 9:00AM - 2:30P
May 17 – May 19
Wednesday, May 17
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. – Honor Roll Breakfast/Year End Awards Assembly
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. – Lunch
12:05 p.m. - 1:42 p.m. – 1st Hour Final
1:47 p.m. - 3:24 p.m. – 2nd Hour Final
Thursday, May 18
8:00 a.m. – 9:37 a.m. – 3rd Hour Final
9:42 a.m. – 11:19 a.m. – 4th Hour Final
11:24 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. - Lunch
12:05 p.m. – 1:42 p.m. – 5th Hour Final
1:47 p.m. – 3:24 p.m. – 6th Hour Final
Friday, May 19
8:00 a.m. – 10:13 a.m. – 7th Hour Final
10:18 a.m. – 10:54 a.m. – 1st Hour
10:59 a.m. – 11:35 a.m. – 2nd Hour
11:40 a.m. – 12:35 p.m. – Lunch
12:40 p.m. – 1:16 p.m. – 3rd Hour
1:21 p.m. – 1:57 p.m. – 4th Hour
2:02 p.m. – 2:38 p.m. – 5th Hour
2:43 p.m. – 3:19 p.m. – 6th Hour
Class of 2017
Graduation Information and Senior Activities
LAST DAY FOR SENIORS: Friday,May 19, is a full day of school for FLHS seniors. Students will have their 7th period final on this day and will attend all of their classes for material check in. This will be the last day for seniors to hand in school work or finish credit recovery classes by 3:00 p.m. There will be no exceptions for late work. Seniors who are in danger of not graduating will know their final grade by Monday, May 22,by 4:00 p.m. and may access grades on Infinite Campus.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 24 ACTIVITIES: (Activities will take place in the order listed) Only seniors who are eligible for graduating are invited to attend these activities. Students who finish graduation requirements after the May 19, 2017 deadline will NOT participate in the capping ceremony, senior dinner and graduation ceremony, but can pick up their graduation diploma upon the completion of required credits.
· SENIOR PICTURE: The senior picture will be taken outside the front of the high school at 10:00 a.m.
· GRADUATION PRACTICE: Graduation practice will start immediately following the senior picture on the Bob Felps Football Field.
In case of inclement weather, practice will take place in the high school gym.
Specific information about the graduation ceremony itself will be reviewed during practice.
· SENIOR CHECKOUT: Seniors must follow the checkout procedures in order to receive their cap and gown.
Graduates who have not met their obligations (fees, fines, materials, etc.) will not be allowed to complete senior checkout. Until all obligations are met, they will not receive their cap and gown.
· WALK OF THE GRADUATES: All senior graduates will walk over to Butler Elementary and Fort Lupton Middle School for a Graduation Walk of Fame.
· SENIOR CAPPING CEREMONY AND SENIOR AWARDS DINNER: The senior capping ceremony will take place on Wednesday, May 24, at 4:00 p.m., in the High School Gymnasium. All seniors who are interested in participating must submit the capping form to Debra by May 19. We will provide hors d’ oeuvres and beverages prior to the capping ceremony in the high school commons.
· The Senior Awards Dinner is to honor those seniors receiving scholarships or honor cords. Dinner will be served from 6:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. in the high school commons. Dinner tickets must be purchased by Friday, May 19th with Debra Oliver. Awards presentations will start promptly at 6:45 p.m. in the high school gymnasium. The school will provide dinner for each senior who R.S.V.P.’s, and guests will be charged $12.00 per dinner.
GRADUATION: Graduates must report to the high school commons no later than 9:15 the morning of graduation. The graduation ceremony will take place at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 27, 2017. Parents are asked to remain behind the roped areas in order to take pictures. Only high school staff will be allowed in close proximity of the stage and graduate seating area during graduation.
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER: Decisions regarding inclement weather options will be made as soon as possible. Please call (303)857-7100 for information. Bad weather will initiate the following delays:
· Rescheduled to 12:00 Noon on Saturday
· Rescheduled to 2:00 PM on Saturday
· Rescheduled to Sunday, May 28 at 10:00 AM @ Bob Felps Field
· Rescheduled to 12:00 Noon on Sunday
· Rescheduled to 2:00 PM on Sunday
STUDENT SPEAKERS: Students who are to read a prepared speech of some kind must have their speech delivered to Debra Oliver by Friday, May 19, by 10:00 a.m. via e-mail, or the opportunity will move to the next senior in line for speech delivery.
Speakers at the Senior Awards Dinner: Student Master of Ceremony speakers for the Senior Awards Ceremony will be assigned to the Senior President and Vice President of the Student Council. If the President and/or Vice-President that year are not seniors, the position will fall to the next in line senior officer/s of student council.
Speakers at Graduation: Any senior wanting to give one of the following speeches must submit their speech to Debra Oliver by May 19, 2017 by 10:00 a.m. The speeches will be judged and assigned by a team of teachers, counselors, and administrators.
Opening Invocation – up to one minute long. Two speeches; one in English, one in Spanish.
The Welcoming – up to four minutes long. Two speeches; one in English, one is Spanish.
Closing Benediction – up to one minute long. Two speeches; one in English, one in Spanish.
Crossing of the Tassel – “Outstanding Senior Boy & Girl” as elected by teachers and announced at the senior dinner.
APPROPRIATE DRESS FOR GRADUATION IS REQUIRED:
It is recommended that students dress up for graduation. Females should keep in mind that the gown is white. Therefore, it is recommended that light colored dresses or slacks be worn. Male gowns are dark blue so the recommended dress would be dark shoes and dark pants. We also request the following:
· No corsages or flowers on the gown.
· No pins or medals on the gown.
· Only appropriate messages on the top of the mortar board will be allowed.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY. INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR COULD EMBARRASS YOU, YOUR FRIENDS, AND/OR YOUR FAMILY. COOPERATION WITH THE GRADUATION GUIDELINES WILL ALLOW BOTH THE AUDIENCE AND YOUR CLASSMATES TO RELAX AND ENJOY THIS MOMENT OF CELEBRATION.